Auto Accident Injury
Automobile accidents often result in injuries. Even a minor fender bender can result in physical trauma.
During a collision, you can get injured even if you are wearing your seatbelt. While you can sustain any type of injury during a car accident, there are certain injuries that are common. The following injuries can be treated at Advanced Health Clinic in Corpus Christi.
Whiplash is a common automobile accident injury. It is common during rear-end collisions. During the collision, your head is pushed backward or forward with great force, almost the way a whip cracks. Whiplash can cause damage to the structures of the bone as well as the soft tissue. The symptoms include:
- Neck pain that becomes worse when moving the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Headaches at the base of the skull
- Pain in the arms, shoulder, and upper back
- Numbness and tingling in the arms
- Chronic fatigue
The symptoms often come on within 24-hours after the accident; however, it can take days and even weeks.
Seat Belt Injuries
While wearing a seat belt can save your life if you are in an accident, it can also cause an injury. The force of the impact can cause soft tissue damage to your shoulder. In a high-speed accident, you could sustain a head or neck injury from your seat belt.
Most cars today are equipped with airbags. They are designed to absorb some of the impacts when you are involved in a collision. While airbags can save your life, they can also cause injuries. The most common airbag injuries include:
- Cervical spine injuries including strains, fractures, and blunt force trauma
- Injuries to the wrists and fingers
- Bruises on the face, check, arms and knees
- Burns on the chest, arms, and hands
- Abrasions on the upper part of your body
During a car accident, there are several back injuries that you can suffer from. These include:
- Spinal fractures: When your seat belt fails to hold your body and your torso and head are thrown, it can cause a spinal fracture.
- Herniated disc: During an accident, the discs that cushion the vertebrae can be subjected to great force. This can cause then shift which can compress the never which is a herniated disc.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
During an accident, even a low-speed accident, your spinal cord can be bruised, cut, or severed.
If you are suffering from an auto accident injury, you should schedule an appointment with Advanced Health Clinic in Corpus Christi by calling (361) 991-0460. Our chiropractor can create a chiropractic care treatment plan which can include spinal manipulation, massage, and physiotherapy. After your first visit, you should start feeling some relief. By the time your treatment is complete, you should be able to live a pain-free life.